ROCKFORD AUTO PARTS RETURN POLICY
1. 90 day warranty on all parts.
2. You may return any part within 90 days of placing your order for a refund less shipping fees. Shipping fee will be discounted from refund.
3. Buyer is required to pay the return shipping.
4. Restocking fees may apply.
ROCKFORD AUTO PARTS TERMS OF SALE AND WARRANTY INFORMATION
1. All sales are final.
2. If, within warranty time period, a mechanical part proves defective, seller will, within a reasonable period of time, replace the part.
3. Seller is not responsible for or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damages.
4. Unless labor warranty has been purchased, no warranty or reimbursement on labor under any circumstance.
5. No warranty on seals, gaskets, fluids or coolant.
6. In the event a mechanical part is defective, and a replacement is not obtainable, refund will be made by company check.
7. All sheet metal, glass and body parts are sold as is.
8. Non-refundable or incomplete cores are not acceptable for credit.
9. Damaged or altered parts are not warranted.
10. Please keep your invoice. No claim or warranty without your invoice.
11. No claim made on body parts, colors or trim packages.
12. Overheating voids all warranties.
13. Unless stated otherwise on the face of your invoice, no other warranty is made or implied.
14. Seller is not responsible for buyer’s error.
15. If, at Seller’s sole discretion, a non-warranty return is allowed, a restocking charge will be applied.
16. If you have a problem, please contact Rockford Auto Parts prior to removing the part or attempting any repair to part.
17. Rockford Auto Parts makes no claim as to the suitability of any part for a particular purpose. Buyer is responsible for determining suitability of parts purchased for purposes intended.
18. $25.00 fee on return checks.
19. Buyer shall be liable for costs and attorney’s fees incurred by Rockford Auto Parts in pursuit of collection of debt. 1-1/2% per month (18% per year) finance charge on overdue balances. In case of litigation, venue shall be Rockford, IL.
20. All electrical items are sold AS IS and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
SPECIAL ORDER POLICIES
1. Special Orders and Body Cuts are not refundable.
2. A minimum deposit of 50% is required for all special orders.
3. Deposits are non-refundable.
4. Parts and deposits left over 30 days shall be forfeited.
5. Seller is responsible for delays in shipments. Freight delivery is beyond the seller’s control.
6. All conditions listed under terms of sale (above) apply.
1. All engines are stamped and have a heat tab installed which has a center that will melt if the temperature exceeds 255 to 260° Fahrenheit. If this tab is melted, the warranty is void. If your original part failed because of overheating, we strongly recommend that you remedy what caused it to fail, so that future parts will not be ruined. Also, it is required that these items are followed to manufacturer requirements and specifications to protect the warranty of the purchased parts.
2. Used engines are guaranteed not to have cracked block, head or bad crankshaft. Parts external to the cylinder block and the cylinder head(s) (i.e., carburetor, distributor, fuel pump, etc.) are not warranted. These are left on the engine for the installer’s convenience ONLY.
3. All conditions listed under terms of sale (above) apply.
4. Used engines guaranteed against rod knock, excessive smoking, and excessive oil consumption.
5. It is recommended the buyer replace the rear main seal and inspect gaskets prior to installation.
6. All parts on the engine at time of sale must be returned with the core engine for core credit.
1. Transmissions must be installed to current OEM specifications for a new transmission install. Transmissions must be installed by a certified mechanic. Failure to flush and flow test the system on your vehicle will void warranty.
2. Improper detent adjustment, low fluid level, on automatic transmissions – Failure to install new filter(s), broken front pump, or improper installation voids all warranties.
3. All conditions listed under terms of sale (above) apply.
4. It is recommended buyer replaces front seal prior to installation.
LIMITED PARTS WARRANTY
This warranty does not include coverage of senors, gaskets, electrical components, wiring, brackets, belts, pumps, filters, hoses, seals or fuel related parts or emission related valves or manifolds. This warranty is a parts exchange warranty. If we do not have the part in stock to replace the defective part, Rockford Auto Parts reserves the right to choose between: (a) repairing the defective part, (b) locating a replacement part, or (c) providing a refund or the original purchase price. This warranty does not include coverage for the cost of any labor or any other expense incurred by the purchaser (optional installation warranty available for an extra cost). These costs include, but are not limited to towing charges, loss of time, loss use of vehicle, inconvenience, lodging, oil, filters, anti-freeze, telephone charges, car or truck rental, gaskets or seals.
CONDITIONS THAT VOID WARRANTY
1. Installation is not done by a certified mechanic.
2. Installation of part(s) in any non-stock application (off-road racing, conversion, fleet or commercial application, etc.)
3. Dismantling of part(s) for any reason.
4. Improper installation or handling.
5. Improper only applies to the purchaser shown on the invoice.
STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY
Warrantor whose name and address appears above warrants all parts for warranty period on invoice from date of purchase. In event of defect, promptly notify warrantor. Important: The obligations of the warrantor are limited to replacement only as provided herein. Implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use are limited to the same duration as the limited written warranty provided herein. Warrantor shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages included but not limited to installation, removal or use of the merchandise.
1. Flush drain and replace fluids to systems manufacturers suggested fluids types and levels.
2. Install new seals, gaskets, filters, bolts, plugs, sensors, boxes, thermostats, belts, hoses, lines, cables, coolers, wires, emission valves or any other type of required part not covered under warranty and/or OEM specifications.
3. Properly align/tighten all parts to manufactures suggested specifications.
4. Flush cooling system and refill to appropriate level.
5. When interchanging between years and models it may be necessary to change wiring, linkage, speedometer gears or sensors. If manufacturer’s procedures are not done, the warranty will be void. Please call us if you have any questions.
LABOR AND INSTALLATION PARTS ALLOWANCE
1. Labor rates are paid at a rate determined by Rockford Auto Parts.
2. Labor times are determined by Mitchell Repair Guide using remove and install time.
3. Payments for fluids, filters, belts, etc. that are required for part replacement will only be paid at local wholesale prevailing rates.
4. Defective parts must be returned.
5. Repairs must be done by qualified shop.
6. Labor and installation parts allowance cover part replacement only. If you return a part and do not accept a replacement, your coverage is void. No refunds on labor and installation parts allowance purchases after delivery of parts.
7. Part failure must be covered by above parts warranty before any labor and installation parts allowance claim will be paid.